Now, I can understand that New York would balk at paying Parenteau big bucks after having only one excellent season under his belt, but I think his contribution to the team's offense has been understated. Having read what many people have been saying on other forums, it seems like people think he was just riding the coat-tails of Tavares and Moulson.

Hogwash, I say!

Tavares is a great player. He makes everyone around him better. He IS the franchise. But having a slick playmaker like Parenteau on the wing at 5-on-5 and on powerplay every game sure helped. He was able to make slick passes, take some of the focus off of the rising star and generally help make more room on the ice with his puck skills.

Parenteau was even able to produce when he was moved to the second line. I would like to see how Moulson would fare if he was not on Tavares' wing.

I think that Parenteau will go on to have another successful year on Colorado (60+ points) and the Isles will struggle with finding the right wingman on the right side for Tavares. Okposo is injury-prone and inconsistent. Boyes is another inconsistent player, as well. Look for Moulson to get less than 30 goals this year, and the Isles fans will lament PA going west, when he would have helped stabilize the offense up front next year.

My 2 cents.