The Ducks have signed goaltender Frederik Andersen to a two-year entry-level contract. Per club policy, no financial terms of the deal were disclosed.

Andersen, 22 (10/2/89), appeared in 39 games for Frolunda of the Swedish Elite League last season, posting a 1.67 goals-against average (GAA) with eight shutouts and a .941 save percentage (SV%). Selected by Anaheim in the third round (87th overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, Andersen’s eight shutouts in 2011-12 established a franchise record, surpassing Henrik Lundqvist’s previous mark of seven set in 2003-04. Andersen, who was a finalist for the league’s 2011-12 Rookie of the Year award, also led the club in GAA and SV%. He appeared in six playoff games for Frolunda, recording a 2.69 GAA and .911 SV%.

“If I had to choose one goalie, I don’t really compare goalies to one another that much, but I have a lot of stuff that he does too with the butterfly,” said Andersen during Anaheim's Conditioning Camp in late June. “I’m pretty calm in the net. I try to make the defense comfortable with me back there.”

More right here