Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman is trying to show the hockey world he's capable of bringing out the inner center of his talent. With a need for a second-line center, Bowman seems determined to fill the spot from within the organization.

Last summer, it was Patrick Kane who underwent the transformation to the position. This year's project could be highly-touted prospect Brandon Saad.

Saad, who is looking to make the 'Hawks after a cup of coffee with the team last season, was said by Bowman to have asked to play center at Chicago's prospect camp last week. Bowman explained Saad's request to ESPNChicago.com's Jesse Rogers.

He (Saad) asked us. He said hed like to try playing in the scrimmage here. Why not, its a good opportunity for him.

Saad, who is brand new to the position, hinted to Brian Hedger of NHL.com that he may skate in the middle in training camp.

It's something I'm willing to try for sure. Just to be helpful and play as many positions as I can is something I'm willing to do.

That's spoken like a young player who wants to be a full-time member of the Blackhawks. Saad sees the opening at second-line center just like everyone else.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...e-brandon-saad