What about Bobby Ryan for David Krejci?

Thread: What about Bobby Ryan for David Krejci?

Hybrid View

What about Bobby Ryan for David Krejci?

The Bobby Ryan trade rumors are nothing more than that at this point in time, but things could heat up if the right combination of players is found.

Orange County Register reporter Mark Whicker was on 98.5 the Sports Hub’s “The DA Show” on Thursday night, and concluded that a Bruins trade offer of center David Krejci and a first round pick “would be the one to beat” and might get the deal done.

One reporter’s opinion is obviously a far cry from the 25-year-old right winger coming to Boston.

Read on

What do you think of Krejci in exchange for Ryan?

OMG, when I first read this title, I thought it said Koci, like it was being ridiculous because at this point they just want it to be over with... hahaha..

Let's see though.. Their salaries are pretty comparable, with Bobby Ryan making a little bit less than Krejci, so the Bruins could get about 400k in cap relief, which isn't much, but they desperately need some.

Stats-wise they are remarkably similar, so it really looks like an apples for apples straight-up trade.

They should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishey View Post
    OMG, when I first read this title, I thought it said Koci, like it was being ridiculous because at this point they just want it to be over with... hahaha..

Let's see though.. Their salaries are pretty comparable, with Bobby Ryan making a little bit less than Krejci, so the Bruins could get about 400k in cap relief, which isn't much, but they desperately need some.

Stats-wise they are remarkably similar, so it really looks like an apples for apples straight-up trade.

They should do it.
    I agree with you 100%! If Bobby Ryan is still unhappy with the Ducks, then a trade like this would be a great solution. The only issue I see is that Ryan plays right wing and Krejci is a center. If Krejci wouldn't have a problem playing on the wing, I think we have a deal.
    (Plus, I just happen to like Krejci more than I like Ryan )

I don't even tend to look at center vs winger anymore because Guy Boucher uses forwards sort of as one size fits all. He shuffled them around so much and insisted they were listed at F instead of LW-C-RW. As a matter of fact, there's less defensive responsibility on the wing, so Krecji may be happier there and his numbers may go up... which would be a very good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishey View Post
    I don't even tend to look at center vs winger anymore because Guy Boucher uses forwards sort of as one size fits all. He shuffled them around so much and insisted they were listed at F instead of LW-C-RW. As a matter of fact, there's less defensive responsibility on the wing, so Krecji may be happier there and his numbers may go up... which would be a very good thing.
    That is a very good point! Heck, in that case, we could even put him on the line with Teemu and Saku.