Philadelphia Flyers General Manager Paul Holmgren:

Q: Because of the way the offer sheet to Shea Weber was front-loaded, did you expect Nashville to match it?

"No, it was structured where we were hopeful that they wouldn't match it. But, obviously they did and as I said yesterday we wish Shea and the Predators all the best. We tried to add, in our minds, one of the best defenseman in the game to a good, young, up-and-coming team, and it didn't work."

Q: When did you learn that [The Predators] were going to match [the offer sheet], and how much of a disappointment did it come as?

"I learned at about 3:15 yesterday afternoon, and the initial reaction was disappointment, but I guess we move on. The chance of them matching was always there however hopeful we were of them not, it was always there, and they did. Now we move forward and see what we can do. We like our team; we think it's a good, up-and-coming young team, and we will continue to try and add to it and make it better, which is what we tried to do with the offer sheet. We'll move forward."

More right here