Civil suit against Ducks GM Bob Murray underway in Detroit

Thread: Civil suit against Ducks GM Bob Murray underway in Detroit

Hybrid View

Civil suit against Ducks GM Bob Murray underway in Detroit

This is just bizarre, as already noted by Paul: According to the Detroit News’s Charles E. Ramirez, the plaintiff in a civil suit against Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray began to make her case on Tuesday…

A Plymouth woman says she “aches all of the time” after being hit with a chair by the general manager of the Anaheim Ducks after the team’s loss to the Red Wings in the 2009 National Hockey League playoffs.

Rachel Paris, who filed suit in U.S. District Court in Detroit in 2010, testified Wednesday that the chair was thrown by Bob Murray in the press box at Joe Louis Arena and caused severe injuries to her left shoulder, neck, back, ribs and hips. Paris, who was 55 at the time, said a few of her teeth were also chipped.

Read on

Testimony starts in suit over alleged assault at '09 Wings-Ducks game

Testimony got under way Tuesday in a lawsuit filed by a woman who says an angry Anaheim Ducks General Manager Bob Murray assaulted her with a chair after the Detroit Red Wings knocked his team out of the Stanley Cup playoffs in May 2009.

"I saw chair legs coming at me," Rachel Paris told an eight-member jury on the opening day of her civil trial against Murray and the Anaheim Ducks in U.S. District Court in Detroit. "He had picked up the chair, maybe a foot and a half off the ground, and did a jabbing movement."

More right here

Murray disputes woman’s assault claim in lawsuit

Ducks general manager Bob Murray on Friday disputed the account of a woman who claims that the hockey executive assaulted her in the Joe Louis Arena press box as his team was about to eliminated from the 2009 Stanley Cup playoffs.

Murray testified before an eight-person jury in U.S. District Court in Detroit that he pushed two chairs out of the way and did not realize one of them hit working stage manager Rachel Paris, according to the Detroit Free Press.

“I was thinking about getting down to the dressing room as fast as I could,” Murray said as the civil trial entered its fourth day. “I was thinking about what I would say (to the team and coach).”

More right here