As one of the top teams in the NHL, the Pittsburgh Penguins have no shortage of offensive firepower with the likes of Sidney Crosby, Evengi Malkin, and James Neal on the ice, but now Eric Tangradi is looking to add his name to the list of that loaded arsenal. After another solid season in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and an extended call-up to Pittsburgh last year, this season could be the one that Tangradi pulls the proverbial trigger.

This year Im not going into camp with if I make the team I want to have this many points and this many goals. I think if I do certain things in training camp and certain things in exhibition games nothing but good things can happen and things that will help me progress in my career and keep me in the NHL hopefully for a long time, said Tangradi.

Unlike 2010-2011 when he made Pittsburgh straight out of training camp, Tangradi began his most recent season with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton where he appeared in 37 games and posted 31 points (15g-16a). It was not until Feb. 20 that he was called up to the NHL ranks, but he went on to enjoy longest stay of his career in the Steel City thus far. Tangradi appeared in 24 games throughout the remainder of the regular season and registered two assists.

More right here