Lack Is Back

Thread: Lack Is Back

Lack Is Back

Vancouver Canucks President and General Manager Mike Gillis announced today that the Canucks have re-signed goaltender Eddie Lack.

Lack, 24, appeared in 46 games with the AHL Chicago Wolves in 2011.12 finishing with a record of 21-20-3. The Norrtalje, SWE, native finished the season with a 2.31 GAA, ranking ninth in the AHL in that category. In five Calder Cup playoff games last season, he posted a 2.17 GAA to rank seventh among AHL goaltenders in the playoffs.

The 65, 197 lbs. goaltender was originally signed by Vancouver as a free agent on April 6, 2010.

Link

Eddie Lack Ready for NHL, Happy for AHL Clause in New Contract

Eddie Lack was genuinely happy that the new contract he signed with the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday contained a two-way clause and lower AHL salary for the upcoming season before becoming a one-way NHL deal for 2013-14.

Forget the possibility of negotiating himself big-league money now as a restricted free agent, the 24-year-old just wanted a place to play in the fall. With the immediate future of the NHL season in doubt, his new two-year deal does just that.

“It works out pretty good for me that it’s a two-way the first year so I know where I am going to play if there is a lockout,” Lack told InGoal during a length Skype session from Sweden. “There’s not a lot of question marks, that’s what I like.”

All the rest is right here