While an NHL lookout looms, the Washington Capitals should consider trading for another scorer to fill in as a top six forward. Washington has a surplus of defensemen heading into the potential 2012-2013 season including extra guys such as Jeff Schultz and Dmitry Orlov who could be use as trade bait. The Capitals have a few talented players in Alex Ovechkin, Nicklas Backstrom and Mike Ribeiro, but lack many offensive threats following the second line.

One player on the trade market that would make an immediate impact in Washington is Anaheim Ducks forward, Bobby Ryan. Ryan, 25, has talked about his situation this summer publicly stating that he doesn’t want to be play where he isn’t wanted. He spoke to Randy Miller of the Courier Post earlier this summer, stating his displeasure with Ducks’ management. “Anaheim to me has been a team over the past year that really has shown me nothing to prove that they want me here, unfortunately. Obviously, it’s not the ideal situation. When you get drafted, you want to win championships with that team and every time they look to add a piece to the puzzle, I’m the piece going the other way.”

More...