The Ducks Need a Stellar Performance From Jonas Hiller

Thread: The Ducks Need a Stellar Performance From Jonas Hiller

The Ducks Need a Stellar Performance From Jonas Hiller

It is the first time in several years that the Anaheim Ducks don’t have much depth in goal. As a Duck’s fan, we’ve been spoiled with several spectacular goaltending tandems having Ilya Bryzgalov, Jean-Sebastien Giguere, Dan Ellis, and Ray Emery in between the pipes for the past decade. Now, we have to rely mainly on Jonas Hiller.

Don’t get me wrong, besides his year of vertigo, Hiller has never steered the Ducks wrong. He has done a good job keeping the Ducks afloat and helped them stay in games. That kind of performance needs to continue this season if we want to see the team squeeze into the playoffs. The Duck’s have made some good acquisitions in the offseason, adding Sheldon Souray and Bryan Allen and Teemu Selanne deciding to return is huge, but we all know the Duck’s will need to be consistent in order to enter into a playoff berth.

With the departure of Dan Ellis, Hiller needs to stay on his head for the team. Hopefully it’s a vertigo-free head.

More...

This article seems to be discounting any input or role for Viktor Fasth

Quote Originally Posted by kbooks View Post
    This article seems to be discounting any input or role for Viktor Fasth
    Yeah, I was wondering why Fasth wasn't mentioned. Personally, I think Fasth is going to be a great back-up for Hiller. The guy was the Swedish Elite League's Goaltender of the Year for the past two seasons.