ENTRY DRAFT THIS SUNDAY, JULY 28th, 2013 - NOON EDT
Our Entry Draft will be held THIS SUNDAY, JULY 28TH, 2013 @ NOON EDT (9:00 AM PDT)
If you know that you WILL NOT be present for the draft, please contact me ASAP.
Either PM me: Coach Selly or send me an email: [email protected] (Please include your team name in the email)
- The draft will be three rounds and it will be held in the DRAFT ROOM on Fantrax.com.
- The time limit per pick for the first round will be 10 minutes, for the 2nd and 3rd rounds it will be 5 minutes.
If a team takes longer than the specified time for the pick, that will pick will be auto-drafted the first player on the Fantrax player list. If the team has players ranked and a draft queue set up, it will be auto-drafted the first available player from that list.
- All players that have been drafted and/or have signed a contract with an NHL team are eligible to be drafted. (You do NOT have to draft only prospects.)
- The 30 player roster limit will NOT be enforced at this time. You are able to have more than 30 players at the conclusion of the draft. You may also have less than 30 players at the conclusion of the draft.
- Free agent claims will not be open until the start of the regular season.
- Waiver claims will be open sometime after the draft has concluded, a date has not been decided upon as of yet.
- Teams are eligible to trade picks during the draft. The Commissioner does have the ability to adjust picks while the draft is in progress. So, if you make a trade involving a pick in this draft let me know in the Draft Room chat ASAP.
If you DO NOT message me, the pick trade will need to be done on a trust basis. Meaning if you receive a pick in a trade (during the draft), you will need to inform the GM of the other team involved which player you want to have drafted with that pick. You should also let me know what that trade is so that I can process the appropriate moves after the draft has concluded. You can either email me, send me a PM or do a private chat in the draft room chat.
- If you cannot be present for the draft on Sunday, you can give me a list of players you would like to draft and I will draft for your team, you can have another GM draft for your team by giving them a list (make sure that the other GM informs me that he/she will be drafting for your team and if possible, please message me and let me know before Sunday) or you can rank players and set up a draft queue on Fantrax. IF YOU ARE NOT PRESENT AND DO NOT DO ONE OF THESE THINGS - YOUR TEAM WILL BE AUTO-DRAFTED BY FANTRAX. THIS MEANS YOU WILL RECEIVE THE FIRST PLAYER RANKED ON THE FANTRAX PLAYER LIST WHETHER YOU WANT HIM OR NOT!
- You can still rank players and set up a Draft Queue if you will be present for the draft.
How To Set Up A Draft Queue on Fantrax:
- Go to Fantrax.com
- Under MY LEAGUES, click FHC Keeper League
- In the menu bar, click RANK PLAYERS
- If you want to find a specific player, type his last name in the Player Search box and click GO.
Otherwise, you can just scroll through the list to look at players
- Click the + next to the player you want to add to your rankings
- If there is a player you absolutely DO NOT want to have drafted to your team, click the E next to his name and he will be added to your Exclude List.
- Your list will be transferred to the DRAFT ROOM
- Click on DRAFT ROOM in the menu bar. The DRAFT ROOM should now show the players you have ranked.
- To add a player to your Draft Queue, click the DOWN POINTING ARROW next to the player's name. His name should now appear in the Draft Queue list on the bottom left of the page.
- If you are not going to be present for the draft, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE check the box next to, "Draft player from queue immediately." That means the GMs who are present don't have to wait for the time limit to expire for your team to be drafted.
- If you are ranking players and find that a player you would like to draft is not listed, contact me ASAP so I can have Fantrax add him to the eligible players.