Rules & Point Change Discussion

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rules & Point Change Discussion

Question Rules & Point Change Discussion

Prospect Roster.

To get a player onto your Prospect Roster he must be under 25 and played less than 25 games in the NHL. Can a Prospect be left on that roster if he gets called up and plays more than 25 games or must the player be taken off the Prospect Roster once the age of 26 is reached or 25 games are played?

Presumably if the call up to the main roster is required in most cases someone would then have to be placed on waivers to open up a spot for the graduated prospect. Ideally once on the Prospect Roster they should be able to remain until the manager has a spot or a trade is initiated.

A clarification on this would be helpful

Co-Creator & Webmaster Aaron Brouwer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes a prospect can remain on your farm for as long as you want. However if you bring up a player who is no longer 25 or under or has played more then 25 games you won't be able to send him back down
    Last edited by Coach Selly; 07-03-2013 at 06:15.

So, only our 14 starters count towards our $70m cap?? That shouldn't be hard to stay under.

What am I missing ??

It would probably help if this was edited into the Main Rules section!

KEEPER POOL CAP CEILING - NHL cap ceiling divided by 23 multiply by 14

KEEPER POOL CAP FLOOR - NHL cap floor divided by 23 multiply by 14

Quote Originally Posted by openbahr View Post
    So, only our 14 starters count towards our $70m cap?? That shouldn't be hard to stay under.

What am I missing ??
    Our cap is not $70 mil, our cap is $42,730,435
    Last edited by Coach Selly; 07-02-2013 at 08:32.

Quote Originally Posted by David Swartzlander View Post
    It would probably help if this was edited into the Main Rules section!

KEEPER POOL CAP CEILING - NHL cap ceiling divided by 23 multiply by 14

KEEPER POOL CAP FLOOR - NHL cap floor divided by 23 multiply by 14
    Good point. I will message Coach Brouwer and ask him to do this.

There are a few guys on my team that have played a handful of games in the NHL yet are considered Reserve...they should be in the minors. (Newbury and Miele come to mind). Those in the minors category should not have their cap counted either which looks like the case. Oh and can I run a 23 or 24 man roster because honestly 25 seems overkill to me? Thanks.
    I am a very accessible fantasy hockey player. Do not be afraid to ask questions.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWassel View Post
    There are a few guys on my team that have played a handful of games in the NHL yet are considered Reserve...they should be in the minors. (Newbury and Miele come to mind). Those in the minors category should not have their cap counted either which looks like the case. Oh and can I run a 23 or 24 man roster because honestly 25 seems overkill to me? Thanks.
    The salaries of those players deemed as prospects (on your prospect roster) and players who are in the reserves DO NOT have their salaries counting against the cap. Only the salaries of the players on your active roster go against the cap.

As far as the 23 or 24 man team goes, I really don't know if that's legal or not. It's what you have now, when you check your roster on Fantrax, is it telling you that it is illegal?
    Last edited by Coach Selly; 10-23-2012 at 05:43.

As far as I can tell Andy Miele (24 years of age, 7 NHL games) can be put onto your prospect roster.
    Prospects need to be under the age of 25 with less than 25 NHL games played.

Kris Newbury, however, is 30 years old (well above the age to be considered a prospect) and has played in parts of 6 NHL seasons, my personal opinion is that someone having played in that many NHL seasons doesn't really have the right to be considered a prospect anymore (I am pretty certain he wouldn't see himself that way).

*After checking your roster - Miele is already listed as being on your minors roster and Newbury is in your reserves, so neither of their salaries are being counted against your cap.
    Last edited by Coach Selly; 10-23-2012 at 05:48.

Question Rules Discussion

Just a reminder, the Commissioner has the final say on all rule and/or point changes
    Last edited by Coach Selly; 06-04-2013 at 12:25.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast