Rules & Point Change Discussion - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rules & Point Change Discussion

Setting up my 2013-14 lineup, I worked-out next season's cap and believe it will be $41.795 million.... is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Chara's Coke View Post
    Setting up my 2013-14 lineup, I worked-out next season's cap and believe it will be $41.795 million.... is this correct?
    We have not decided on a salary cap for next season as of right now.

The point total for the Gordie Howe Hat Trick has been lowered from 15 to 9

Please check THIS THREAD for information on the changes made to how trades are conducted

Currently, we do not have Plus/Minus included in our scoring.
    Is this something you would like to see added?

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Selly View Post
    Currently, we do not have Plus/Minus included in our scoring.
    Is this something you would like to see added?
    After discussion with the BOG, Plus/Minus will NOT be added to scoring for this season.

I would like to reminder all of our GMs:

Changes to the the rules, salary cap, etc. are not just arbitrarily made by the Commissioner.
    They are made after discussion between the BOG, the Co-Commissioner and the Commissioner.

The Commissioner does, however, reserve the final say in all decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Selly View Post
    Our waiver claim system works like this:

Reverse Order of Standings (serpentine)
    When Waiver Wire claims are processed, the lowest ranked team in the standings at that time gets first pick, the second lowest team gets second pick, and so on, all the way up to the first place team. Then in the next round, the first place team gets first pick, the second place team gets second pick, and so on, all the way down to the last place team. If a team doesn't have any more pending claims, their turn is skipped. This process continues until all teams have no more claims. For example, in a 4-team league, the order would go: 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1, etc.
    OK, I'm going to lodge a complaint here after being denied a number of waiver claims. What the above says is not what is happening. Look at the waiver wire order and it is in a different order. Teams that finished very high last season are getting waiver claims ahead of those of us in the lower ranks. In my view, this has provided an unfair advantage to a few teams.
    Last edited by Craig Simpson; 10-01-2013 at 12:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Simpson View Post
    OK, I'm going to lodge a complaint here after being denied a number of waiver claims. What the above says is not what is happening. Look at the waiver wire order and it is in a different order. Teams that finished very high last season are getting waiver claims ahead of those of us in the lower ranks. In my view, this has provided an unfair advantage to a few teams.
    It does not go by the reverse order of the standings from last season. It goes by this season.
    At the beginning of the season there were no standings, so it started off as random.

When a team successfully makes a claim, they go to the end of the order until the order is reset on Fridays.

OK, thanks for the explanation. Too many leagues to keep track of all the rules!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast