2013-14 Trade Announcements - Page 27

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: 2013-14 Trade Announcements

I understand the rules and accept them, however, a trade posted on here at 5 minutes after to me is not a big deal. Out of 28 teams in this league, there are maybe 12 that do anything and that's a stretch. If the fantrax trade system, wasn't taken away, this likely would not have happened. I know we are just lowly owners in the league, but several rival owners were accepting of the late trade that night.

It's also a little disappointing that since the fantrax system was taken away, why a commish wasn't around to process trades quicker. This prevented more trades from happening. Owners weren't aware of the caps, players, or picks they had to trade.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrett View Post
    I understand the rules and accept them, however, a trade posted on here at 5 minutes after to me is not a big deal. Out of 28 teams in this league, there are maybe 12 that do anything and that's a stretch. If the fantrax trade system, wasn't taken away, this likely would not have happened. I know we are just lowly owners in the league, but several rival owners were accepting of the late trade that night.

It's also a little disappointing that since the fantrax system was taken away, why a commish wasn't around to process trades quicker. This prevented more trades from happening. Owners weren't aware of the caps, players, or picks they had to trade.
    There were also several owners in support of the decision to honour the rules. Breaking the rules or making exceptions sets a precident and can be interpreted as chosing favourites. Imagine the controversy if a late trade was accepted and caused an owner to lose a championship.

Not sure what you mean by refereing to "lowly owners"? Like were some evil empire of fantasy hockey administers. I am not secretly Gary Bettman!

As for the Commish not being around, Selly had no power for several days which unfortunately was during our deadline. I stepped up to process trades as fast as I can. I would like to point out that we are not being paid to do this and it is a hobby that we commit our spare time to. It is disappointing that that is not appreciated by some.

I have to also come to the defense of our Commish. We have the rules in place and need to follow those rules. Doesn't matter whether it's 5 minutes or 2 days. The rules were quite clear and spelled out for everyone, and as Coach Pharling said, when do you stop making exceptions if you let just this one go. The right call was made.

To the discussion about removing the ability to trade on Fantrax, well, sure that would be more convenient, but I assume part of the purpose of this league is to drive traffic to the FHC website. Other leagues I'm involved in do the same thing. They are sponsoring and organizing the league and deserve to have some benefit from it. While it would be more convenient to just do everything on Fantrax, that wouldn't be supporting our sponsor and they do deserve to gain a little benefit from it.

In the end, this is just a fantasy hockey league with no real world implications. Nobody is getting rich playing this game, so we should keep it in perspective.

Wow, I think bettman may run things. I said I did understand the rules and did accept them. I just commented that as a rival owner, I dint mind the time, that's it.

As far as a commish of any league goes, I know it's a thankless job. I currently run 4 hockey leagues and 2 baseball leagues. It's all volunteer and appreciated. But maybe in a bigger league as this, should give access to more people so when trouble arises, it's solved quickly.

Just mentioning some ideas that may help the league going forward. No matter the league, money or no money., the running of the league as a whole is very important. But no matter, it's almost over

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrett View Post

I already stated why I wasn't here. I had no power for quite a few days. It was an emergency situation here in NC. Nothing I could do about that and I had no way of contacting the other Commish. Coach Pharling did exactly what he should have.

The trade deadline time posted was midnight, it was stated that anything posted at 12:01 am and after would not be accepted or processed. What if it was me who posted the trade at 12:05 am and then processed it? Would it have been okay for the Commish to break the posted time? And, if I did so, would it then have been okay for other owners to post trades at 12:30 am, 1:00 am, 3:00 am, etc. and have those accepted as well?

I had trades proposed to me that I didn't even know about because of having no power (I couldn't accept, counter offer or deny them), I am not going to extend the deadline for myself even though I might be able to present a good case for allowing me to make a trade after the posted time and date.

No-one hear thinks of the owners as "lowly" and I am insulted that you would say or think something like that in respect to my opinion of any of the owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Simpson View Post
    To the discussion about removing the ability to trade on Fantrax, well, sure that would be more convenient, but I assume part of the purpose of this league is to drive traffic to the FHC website. Other leagues I'm involved in do the same thing. They are sponsoring and organizing the league and deserve to have some benefit from it. While it would be more convenient to just do everything on Fantrax, that wouldn't be supporting our sponsor and they do deserve to gain a little benefit from it.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627