SALARY CAP INCREASE: 2013-14 Season

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SALARY CAP INCREASE: 2013-14 Season

Exclamation SALARY CAP INCREASE: 2013-14 Season

After discussion with the BOG we will be making a slight increase in the salary cap for this season.

Our cap will now be $47,936,000. (the previous cap was $45,630,000)

This increase is effective immediately.
    Last edited by Coach Selly; 07-27-2013 at 10:51.

Why would this be changed after the trade period opened ?

I made a trade to cut cap and I'm sure others have as well

I agree the cap should have been higher but it shouldn't be changed once people have made trades based on the 45.63 number

We know this is a little late and I have too made trades based on the previous cap but it is something that was brought up recently and decided upon recently.

I basically gave away Dan Boyle for cap room, but am in favor of this despite that. Its better for the league overall.

Is there a formula based on the real NHL salary cap that is being used to reach this new number? If so, it should be posted for transparency and if not, then it'd be helpful if the cap is based on a formula that way owners will know what to expect a little better when the real NHL cap fluctuates up or down.

If you use the current NHL cap of 64.3M and divide by 20 players that dress every night, it comes to 3,215 per player.

Our cap was 45,630,000 divided by 14, which is 3.259 per player which was just under 2% above the 3.215 per player.
    Now we are using 6.5% which gives us the $47,936,000

It was my understanding that there would be no math during the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by coach pharling View Post
    it was my understanding that there would be no math during the debate.
    lmao!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Selly View Post
    If you use the current NHL cap of 64.3M and divide by 20 players that dress every night, it comes to 3,215 per player.

Our cap was 45,630,000 divided by 14, which is 3.259 per player which was just under 2% above the 3.215 per player.
    Now we are using 6.5% which gives us the $47,936,000
    Okay so then is it my understanding that the cap will remain at this 6.5% rate for next year too? Otherwise to owners it just feels like it's arbitrarily being moved up and down and they have no way to make plans for how to manage their team in the future. It's nice to keep consistency with a set formula.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast