SALARY CAP INCREASE: 2013-14 Season - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SALARY CAP INCREASE: 2013-14 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba83 View Post
    Okay so then is it my understanding that the cap will remain at this 6.5% rate for next year too? Otherwise to owners it just feels like it's arbitrarily being moved up and down and they have no way to make plans for how to manage their team in the future. It's nice to keep consistency with a set formula.
    Yes, the 6.5% rate will apply to future seasons

Admittedly, I'm not a fan of significant rule change mid-stream like this, but I do have to agree that it is likely the best thing for the league as a whole. So while I don't like how it was done, I think its best it was done, so I'm good.

I also agree. This is a good thing for the league. Now if there are any plans to one day increase the salary cap from it's present 6.5% ''rate'', then we should at least be given a heads up that this is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    I also agree. This is a good thing for the league. Now if there are any plans to one day increase the salary cap from it's present 6.5% ''rate'', then we should at least be given a heads up that this is coming.
    The reason there wasn't given a head's up this time is because it was brought up by the BOG only a couple days before it was posted. Because it was brought up then we wanted to make sure the we got it to you guys ASAP i.e. before the draft.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12