Free Agent Claims Open on October 1st, 2013

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Free Agent Claims Open on October 1st, 2013

                  
   
   
   

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Free Agent Claims Open on October 1st, 2013

    Free agent claims will begin on October 1st, 2013, the first day of the NHL season.

    Each team will be allowed ONE free agent claim AND ONE waiver wire claim per week. (A total of TWO claims per week)

    Claims will process on Fridays at 12:00 am Eastern Time (that's midnight)

    Claims will be in the Reverse order of the standings and Serpentine.

    ---- When claims are processed, the lowest ranked team in the standings at that time gets first pick, the second lowest team gets second pick, and so on, all the way up to the first place team. Then in the next round, the first place team gets first pick, the second place team gets second pick, and so on, all the way down to the last place team. If a team doesn't have any more pending claims, their turn is skipped. This process continues until all teams have no more claims. For example, in a 4-team league, the order would go: 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1, etc.

  2. #2
    The claims processed today instead of Friday as mentioned. I was waiting to toss my hat in on a player who got claimed today until later in the week as I thought they were processing Friday. What's going to happen with this?

  3. #3
    Hi Coach Selly,

    Same issue on my end. Why were waiver claims processed today (Monday) and not this Friday? Is there any way to rewind the undue todays claim and have them done this Friday?

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    I emailed Fantrax about the problem but they haven't replied. I think it had something to do with the FA claims opening on the 1st and also having all available players on Waivers at that point in time.

    I believe that I can still reverse those claims at this point in time but I am not certain about it.
    Would the majority of the GMs like to see the claims that were processed on the incorrect day reversed (if I can do it)?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Selly View Post
    I emailed Fantrax about the problem but they haven't replied. I think it had something to do with the FA claims opening on the 1st and also having all available players on Waivers at that point in time.

    I believe that I can still reverse those claims at this point in time but I am not certain about it.
    Would the majority of the GMs like to see the claims that were processed on the incorrect day reversed (if I can do it)?
    Hey Selly,
    i'm not ok with reversing the claims.. I know all the hipe is around Tim Thomas, but I picked up a sleeper in Jason Demers (I thought it would be processed that Friday). If the claim was done that Friday, I'm very confident I would have claimed him. Now, 2 weeks into the season, Demers looks good and racked up a few points. Now if the claims are undone, I might not end up with Demers and I feel this situation would be unfair to me. While I agree with the other GM's on the Thomas situation, my own situation would be unfair to me if it was undone. Thanks for taking this into account, MWR

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lucjal View Post
    Hey Selly,
    i'm not ok with reversing the claims.. I know all the hipe is around Tim Thomas, but I picked up a sleeper in Jason Demers (I thought it would be processed that Friday). If the claim was done that Friday, I'm very confident I would have claimed him. Now, 2 weeks into the season, Demers looks good and racked up a few points. Now if the claims are undone, I might not end up with Demers and I feel this situation would be unfair to me. While I agree with the other GM's on the Thomas situation, my own situation would be unfair to me if it was undone. Thanks for taking this into account, MWR
    I will take this into account.

  7. #7
    Okay, I can reverse the claims. What I am now looking into is resetting the claim order.
    If I can reset the order, it is also going to change the claim order for the periods after it. Meaning that the claim order that is now valid will change.

  8. #8
    Did any other GMs have a claim in for Demers?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Selly View Post
    Did any other GMs have a claim in for Demers?
    No, but I was planning to put one in before the claims were supposed to process

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by c_robio View Post
    No, but I was planning to put one in before the claims were supposed to process
    Same here, the argument that he's a sleeper is preposterous. He's had a good offensive season on the bottom pairing before and isn't getting paid much. I'm a Sharks fan and definitely had the claim in my plans before the Sharks had opened the season so well (Which also is no surprise to me).

    With that said, I am probably near the end of the claims list, since I was expecting to finish in the money last year only to find out at the very end that only the top 3 would get paid.

    -Bloody Water
    Last edited by Bubba83; 10-12-2013 at 16:02.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •