Check your cap hits!!!

Thread: Check your cap hits!!!

Exclamation Check your cap hits!!!

I was checking cap hits for a team I have in another Keeper League and I noticed that Fantrax is using the salary and not the cap hit for some players. It seems to be primarily younger/prospect type players.

I need all GMs to check the CAP HITS for their teams and compare them with the ones given on CapGeek.com.
    If there are any that need to be changed for your team, please email me with the changes ([email protected]). Please include your team name in the email.

I don't have the time to check all of the players on every team in the league. So, please take care of this and let me know what needs to be updated.

Thanks very much.

Tazer's Army is compliant

How many GMs do we have in this league?!

I've heard from only 3 of you, sheesh. I am not going to check the cap hits for you. You need to take care of checking them and you need to let me know which players, if any, need to be updated. If you can't be bothered to do this, I can't be bothered to allow your team to accumulate any points. Which means, your roster will be forced to be illegal and you will be locked out of making any changes to your team (trades, claims, line-up changes, etc.) until either you contact me with those cap hits or I have the time to check them for you.

I don't have a day off from work until next Wednesday and I am not going to want to spend it checking cap hits for your teams. Just sayin'

So please take take a little of your time and check for your team. If you aren't sure what exactly you're supposed to check, please ask. I am more than happy to explain it further.

I'm not sure if you're counting me as one of the GMs who responded or not as I mentioned it in the fantrax chat but I did check all my players and they all look correct.

Hull & Oates cap hits look correct.

Coach Claude Confirms Cap Compliance, Cool?

Alliteration aside - for those wondering, the "cap hit" includes bonuses (and is best represented on Capgeek by the value called "AAV" - average annual value)... Capgeek's "Cap Hit" column doesn't explicitly include bonus value (instead putting a star next to the CH number to indicate a bonus for the season). This is because teams - like the Boston Bruins this season - have the option of exceeding the cap with bonus dollars, payable next season as a penalty against the cap.

Nevertheless, for the purposes of the FHC Keeper League, I believe all cap value - bonuses included - are supposed to be included in the yearly "cap hit".

Quote Originally Posted by hamhocks View Post
    Hull & Oates cap hits look correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba83 View Post
    I'm not sure if you're counting me as one of the GMs who responded or not as I mentioned it in the fantrax chat but I did check all my players and they all look correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Assistant Coach Carr View Post
    Tazer's Army is compliant
    Thanks much!

Quote Originally Posted by Chara's Coke View Post
    Coach Claude Confirms Cap Compliance, Cool?

Alliteration aside - for those wondering, the "cap hit" includes bonuses (and is best represented on Capgeek by the value called "AAV" - average annual value)... Capgeek's "Cap Hit" column doesn't explicitly include bonus value (instead putting a star next to the CH number to indicate a bonus for the season). This is because teams - like the Boston Bruins this season - have the option of exceeding the cap with bonus dollars, payable next season as a penalty against the cap.

Nevertheless, for the purposes of the FHC Keeper League, I believe all cap value - bonuses included - are supposed to be included in the yearly "cap hit".
    Exactly!
    And, thanks!

I was just going to report in if there was a problem and I had no issues with my team.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Simpson View Post
    I was just going to report in if there was a problem and I had no issues with my team.
    Thanks CS