Nick Bonino was drafted by the San Jose Sharks in the sixth round (No. 173) in the 2007 NHL Draft and his rights were traded to the Anaheim Ducks in March 2009. Itís been in Anaheim where Bonino has flourished as a pro hockey player. And perhaps he can bring his penchant for winning to the Ducks this season.

Kathryn Tappen: You played under legendary prep school coach John Gardner at Avon [Conn.] Old Farms. Describe the experience of being a part of such a hockey culture there.

Nick Bonino: It was very special for me because I grew up [in] the town over and Avon Old Farms is such a staple of hockey in the area that everyone wanted to play there and go watch games there. To get a chance to attend the school, learn from coach Gardner and play with a lot of great players -- my linemate was Cam Atkinson over in Columbus -- was a great experience. Itís fun to know youíre going to a great school where players like Brian Leetch, Quicky [Jonathan Quick] have come out of; it helped me in my progression as a hockey player.

Read on