2014-15 Salary Cap

Thread: 2014-15 Salary Cap

Exclamation 2014-15 Salary Cap

First off, a head's up, the cap hits currently on Fantrax are from last season. Fantrax has not yet updated them for 2014-15. They will be updated later on this summer.

Our league uses a cap hit that includes bonuses and our cap is based on the NHL cap, this means our cap will fluctuate from season to season.

For the 2014-15 season, our league cap will be 6.7% above the NHL's Cap per "starting skater."
    As the NHL has not yet announced their cap for the upcoming season, we do not have a definite dollar amount for our's.
    Tentatively, our cap should be around the $51.5 M to the $53 M range. Once again, we DO NOT have a definite amount for our cap as of yet.

We will also have an enforced salary floor. This will be announced when we have a definite salary cap.

TEAMS DO NOT NEED TO BE CAP COMPLIANT DURING THE OFF-SEASON

When building your teams for the 2014-15 season, it is YOUR responsibility to check the upcoming salaries of players on your team or that you are considering drafting.
    PLEASE REMEMBER: OUR LEAGUE USES THE AAV CAP HIT THAT INCLUDES BONUSES!
    This is especially important when rookies are concerned. For example, Nathan Mackinnon has a cap hit of $925,000 WITHOUT bonuses WITH bonuses his cap hit is $3.775M

Until Fantrax updates, you may need to do some research to find the AAV cap for your players.

Fantrax DOES NOT reflect our new salary cap. As we don't have a definite amount, we cannot set the cap on Fantrax.

Please keep in mind that Fantrax DOES NOT show the 2014-15 salary for a player (as of yet) - it will not show the correct salary until Fantrax updates them.

Updates on each of these issues will be forthcoming as more information is obtained.

I just want to double check that the cap increase is 6.7% as stated? Last July it was posted that it be 6.5% for last year and all future seasons. Not that we are talking about many dollars, I just like to see consistency in the rules and postings.

Yes, we know that it was posted as 6.5% but with the increasing player salaries, the BOG and the Commissioners think that 6.7% is a better % to use.

I will be posting all the info on our salary cap and floor within the next couple of days.

Our 2014-15 Salary Cap will be $51,536,100

Our floor will remain at $26,782,609 (This amount should make it pretty easy for our teams to stay above the floor.)

Our 2014-15 Salary Cap will be $51,536,100

Our floor will remain at $26,782,609 (This amount should make it pretty easy for our teams to stay above the floor.)

just to clarify, is this forum posting or the fantra forum correct? one says 52 the other is 51

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrett View Post
    just to clarify, is this forum posting or the fantra forum correct? one says 52 the other is 51
    Sorry, I made a typo when posting on Fantrax. The correct cap is $51,536,100. (It was entered correctly in the league set-up, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrett View Post
    Sorry, I made a typo when posting on Fantrax. The correct cap is $51,536,100. (It was entered correctly in the league set-up, lol)